Friday 27 December 2013

A crafty look back on 2013.

As 2013 was my first full year of sewing my own clothes, I thought I would have a look back and see exactly what I did make.  This is mostly for my own sake so that I can see what worked, what didn't, was I excessive and, of course, to plan for next year, so may be a tad boring for anyone else reading.
So here we go.

For others (looks good to start off with)

Eldest son : Avocado hoodie (Disparatedisciplines) here.

Husband: Navy fleece top (Kwik Sew 3817) here
                pyjama boxers
                cotton shirt
                merino top

Sis-in-law : Megan Nielson Briar top.

Now for myself

Skirts

Deer and Doe Chardon skirt
Grainline Moss Skirt

Jersey tops

Tessuti Mandy Boat Tee
Tessuti Alexa T x 2
Tessuti Fave Top
Grainline Scout tee
Sewaholic Renfrew 1 V-neck, short sleeved, 2 cowl long sleeved
Megan Nielson Briar 1 red, 1 black long sleeved, 1 short sleeved
Maria Denmark Day-to-night top
Birgitte Basic Tee


Above is Tessuti Alexa Tee


This is the Tessuti Mandy Boat Tee.

There is not one of these jersey tops that I don't like.  I wear them all regularly, I guess if I had to pick one fabulous all rounder, it would be the Sewaholic renfrew because of the multiple neckline options.

Woven Tops

Colette Laurel top
Deer and Doe Airelle blouse here
Grainline Archer
Merchant and Mills Camber top here

I was sure I had made more woven tops, love all of the above, I was particularly proud of my Archer because it was first time for attaching collar, doing buttonholes and proper cuffs.  Wear it a lot and will definitely make more.

Jersey Dresses

Maria Denmark Day to night dress here
Grainline Hemlock made in dress length blogged in this post.
Maria Denmark 2036 60's dress, Made this with a hi-lo hem for a formal, haven't worn since.  May alter it.
Maria Denmark red ponte 2007 here

Woven Dresses

April Rhodes Staple Dress
Dress 'T' from Stylish Dress Book here



Again I can't believe I only made two, especially as we spent a month in an extremely hot France.  I think it was the time factor.  As regards these particular patterns, yes I like the Staple Dress, it is what it says.  The one from the Stylish dress book, never felt my skirt/waist modification quite worked.

Trousers

Colette Clover. (Started in Feb, looked great except the invisible zip wouldn't go up past the waistband seam and they have been hiding ever since)
Tessuti linen Laura pants.  (Wore a lot over the summer, great for travelling)
Anita Ponti Pants x 2 (Will make these again & again, love them)

'Outer' garments

Jamie Christina Sol Hoodie blogged here
Liesl & Co Woodland Stroll cape. here

Summary, conclusions and plans for 2014 sewing next.

No comments:

Post a Comment