Friday 6 December 2013

Beginnings of Albion!


The above picture is less than half of the pdf pattern for the Albion duffle coat.  It is part of the men's Walden collection by Colette patterns.  If ever there was a case for just buying an already printed pattern this is probably it.  The pattern pieces alone produces 88 A4 pages, then the instructions after that.  That's a lot of table/floor space, paper and sellotape.  I have lately preferred pdf patterns firstly because of the immediacy ie. you don't have to wait for it to arrive in the post.  Also you can print off different sizes whereas with a bought paper pattern once it's cut in a particular size that's it.

Definitely something to consider for a big project like a coat, I think.  Anyway, this is something for my husband.  He rarely asks for anything, but he spied me looking at this when it first was released and after plying with some red wine, I found myself offering to make it for him.  I haven't even made myself a coat yet! What have I taken on?

So the pattern pieces are cut out and the main fabric has arrived. It is a camel wool blend coating from Guthrie & Ghani (the shop opened by Lauren who was on the Sewing Bee, always nice to support new young ventures) The flannel lining I had planned to use from my stash is just too small, so I will have to choose another one.  There is to be a sew-along in the New Year so I think I will get all prepared and make a bit of a start, then try to follow along.  Don't want to rush it and make a mess of it.  Anyway still some more Christmas sewing to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment