Thursday 8 May 2014

Breton basics & Me-Made-May 14 Week 1

Last week I just wanted to make a few basic jersey tops and as stripy Breton style tops are absolutely something no lady can do without this decade, it had to be that.  Any shop worth it's salt is stocking their version of the must-have top this year.  I really had wanted to make a stripy Coco as I love the style of my cobalt blue merino coco but the fabric I had ordered seemed just too stretchy for Coco (it was 4% elastane)

Anyway I made the red and white stripe one from a Japanese jersey using Birgitte basic tee pattern which is a favourite.  I had seen on the Jaeger website they had added two buttons on one of the shoulders of their version.  So if it's good enough for them.....


Liberty buttons from my Liberty button box.

The other one I made from the purple and white, more stretchy fabric and used the Alexa t top pattern which is another favourite of mine.  It has a higher neckline but I find it a useful style that goes with a lot.  So, no doubt, these will turn up in Me-Made-May.

Me-Made-May 14 Week 1

Tessuti Alea T top

Onion dress pattern (2007)

Tilly & the Buttons Coco top

Maria Denmark Day to night dress

Grainline Moss skirt & Merchant & Mills Camber top

Victory Patterns Lola dress

That's my week 1 round-up (only missed one day)

No comments:

Post a Comment