Sunday 29 June 2014

Time for the Endless Summer Tunic.

I saw this pattern on the fancytiger blog and it had been made by Jaime in a lovely hemp cotton fabric and the shape of the Endless summer tunic appealed to me.  Summer holidays are just around the corner, everything is much more laid back and easy-going in July and August, so I thought it would be a useful dress to have.

I had been tempted to some fabric purchases from misformake and really fancied trying the Brussels Washer fabric which is a linen/rayon mix by Robert Kaufman.  The one I chose is called 'brick', in reality it is quite a blueish red which I really like.

The Glastonbury look.
The pattern itself is a pdf pattern, easily assembled and overall very clear instructions.  The dress itself has a lovely V-neck with a faced yoke and gather details on the front shoulders and centre back. The front and back are both assembled in two panels and it has a lovely curved hem and the sleeves are finished in bias binding.

Facing of yoke.
There are no diagrams in the pattern but really they are not needed.  All of the steps are straightforward and very well explained.

Gathers at shoulder yoke.
I love the way the dress turned out, it will definitely be a holiday winner.  I think it would be a lovely comfy dress for travelling in.  Did I mention it also has in-seam pockets?  Perfect.


I tried a few different ways of wearing it just for fun.


With heels, maybe a tad short?
The Brussels Washer is quite lightweight and there is a risk of 'see through' so not really sure if I would wear it like this, might get away with it on hols.
Avec leggings & flat sandals.
And, of course, the Glastonbury look, although clearly not enough mud here.


Whatever way you wear it I would definitely give it a go.  I love it, it's so easy to wear, I might have to make another, so roll on an Endless summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment