Thursday 20 November 2014

Final steps of Albion.

Just a short post today.  I have almost finished my Albion coat, just wanted to show my lovely toggles.  Toggles are actually quite hard to find.  For my husband's Albion I used brown toggles that I purchased in minervacrafts.com.  They also have them in black, but I wanted something a bit different.  So on doing a little bit of surfing on the net I came across some on etsy.


I am really pleased with them, I went for the grey (although I did consider the red), they are handmade, the toggles are sharktooth shaped and there are gunmetal rivets on the tabs.  I think they are just a little bit different.  They can be found here, they are dispatched from England so it's nice to give a little support to a 'local'ish business. Just hope I don't make a mess of stitching them on now.



Next up, the hunt for the right buttons for the cuff tabs and the neck tab.  My dad passed on my mum's button box and sewing basket to me just lately, feels strange looking through a box that I used to get hours of fun out of when I was little.  Not sure if there's anything suitable in there, but we shall see.

Anyway, nearly there, pleased with how it's turning out, but it will be nice to try something a little quicker and simpler soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment