Sunday 1 March 2015

A spring Lantana Cappuccino dress

Hard to believe that we are now into March, I really don't know where the first two months of 2015 have gone.  Even though it is still really cold and likely to be for quite some time still, it is always nice to have something new to wear in a different colour.... and as it is officially spring, well the brighter the better.



This fabric is a Liberty Lantana fabric which I bought from www.sewbox.co.uk.  It is 80% cotton and 20% wool so I thought it might bridge the time between seriously wintery clothing and not quite ready for flimsy cotton clothing. I still might require a bit of layering to keep cosy, depends on the weather, I suppose.

The pattern is the Liesl and Co Cappuccino pattern which I have already used before in the top version here, so I already new the fit would be fine. I did the same full bust adjustment of adding an extra inch. The dress has the addition of pockets which is always good.



The trim fabric on the collar and cuffs is an organic crossweave cotton from organiccotton.biz, called purpleish.  It's a little bit crisper than the lantana which is lovely and soft, almost like a brushed cotton, really lovely to work with too.





I like these type of dresses as they can be worn with tights or more casually over jeans or leggings, I took about 3 inches off the length so it would come a little bit above the knee level and would work better over leggings/trousers.




So there we go, the first of my new season sewing, hope I get the weather I'm hoping for!

2 comments: