Sunday 13 September 2015

Merchant and Mills Fielder Top

 So this is the first of my autumn makes, it is the The Fielder top from Merchant and Mills.  It is based on the easy going style of the sweatshirt, so is a pretty relaxed style, except it is made in woven fabrics instead of stretch.  The only stretch part is the ribbing around the neckline, waist and cuffs.


 I had purchased this beautiful patsy double gauze fabric from Merchant and Mills intending to use it for the Fielder, but decided it was more a spring/summer fabric, so I chose to use the lovely Nani-iro fabric (jewel-song-pocho-yozora) from misformake. (I see they have sold out for now)  It is a steely grey with metallic dots which have a slight pink tinge.


I love these double gauzes for spring/autumn, because although they are fairly light weight, there is a cosiness to them.

 I got the ribbing from Merchant and Mills and it is a lovely quality, in this case I used the grey which goes really well with the Nani Iro.

The pattern itself was very straightforward, the sleeve is in two pieces and is raglan in style,

You can also make a dress version with in-seam pockets which could be a useful casual dress, might make one at some stage.

So, overall, I like it, it's a simple, casual style, probably more for the week-end or a more sporty look.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous fabric you have used here. This is perfect for an Autumn weekend, really suits you.

    ReplyDelete